Congratulations on qualifying for the 2018 School Championships! This year’s Games will be hosted in Peterborough, ON from May 29-31.
This year across Ontario we saw over 7,500 athletes compete for an opportunity to compete in the Games – qualifying is no small feat!
We know it takes a lot of hard work to travel to Games each year and want to make the process as seamless as possible. Please review the information below and submit all information prior to the deadline so that all information can be relayed to our organizing committee on time!
Should you have any questions along the way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in May!
- Once you have qualified – Review the technical package for your sport, which can be found here .
- April 27, 2018 – Team information forms due. Click here for access to the online form.
- May 4, 2018 – Individual head shots for athletes and coaches due for accreditation (note: no team photos needed this year). Please label each photo with the athlete or coach name. Photos can be submitted by clicking here.
- May 11, 2018 – Opening ceremonies and media information forms. Click here for access to the online form.
- May 11, 2018 – registration fees due ($50 per athlete). Payment by cheque only, and mailed to the attention of School Championships, to: Special Olympics Ontario, 65 Overlea Blvd., Suite 200, Toronto, ON, M4H 1P1
- May 11, 2018 – Special Olympics Ontario Student-Athlete forms due (by parent or guardian), and can be found by clicking here. Educator forms due and found by clicking here. If you require a pdf version of these forms, please contact us.
- May 11, 2018 – Healthy Athlete consent forms due. To be filled out by a parent/guardian. More information and the form can be found here. Prefer a hard copy? Please contact us.
- May 11, 2018 – Additional educator request forms due. These are approved on a first come, first served basis, based on the need of the request and space available. The cost of each additional educator or support person is $200. The form can be found online here.
- May 11, 2018 – Skills assessment results due for all team sports. They can be found in your technical package and submitted by email. Technical packages can be found here.